1. Gregory(GREG for short)-I can always count on you to be there no matter the birding debacle. I had no rEgrets.
3. Orange-crowned Warbler-Do you EVEN have any Orange? You wouldn't be on here if you weren't hard to find in the East.
4.Harlequin Duck- THANK YOU for spending your winter in NC. Prettiest duck I've ever seen.
5. PUSA!-Cool Bird and fun to shout.
6. American Woodcock- Timberdoodling is a fun word and your courtship displays are spectacular.
7. Rufous Hummingbird- Awesome Wake County Bird
8. Western Kingbird- Felt good to just nail this vagrant for the East Coast
9. Swainson's Warbler- Felt good to get a photo of one of the least observed North American birds.
10. Kentucky Warbler- Has side burns like the ones I grow sometimes.
11. Red-necked Grebe- A nice break from Horned Grebes and a great winter for them
12. Band-tailed Pigeon- Fun rarity for NC.
13. Swainson's Thrush- Cool bird and even cooler to see in local park.
14. Veery- Heard a the whole landscape irrupt with their beautiful song.
15. Virginia Rail- If Marsh Pigs are a thing, it would this bird.
16. Swallow-tailed Kite-Surprise fly over driving in SC
|I made this one.|
17. Black-throated Green Warbler- Wake County lifer!
18. Chestnut-sided Warbler- Saw in the Smokies and Wake County.
19. Least Flycatcher- another empid other than Acadian is always fun. Especially when it gives its ID away with a "Che-bek!".
20. Philadelphia Vireo-Awesome views in Wake county. Lifer.
21. Clay-colored Sparrow-Awesome views and got photos.
22. Common Merganser-Good Wake County bird.
23. Terns- Fun to see 6 species: Least, Gull-billed, Royal, Caspian, Sandwich, and Forster's in ONE day at Huntington Beach State Park, Georgetown County, SC.
24. Least Bittern- did not think I would be able to find one.
25. Blue-headed Vireo- All over 'em Smoky mountains. A nice "write in" for the big day during January in SC.
|Not my photo.|
The Woeful-"Y'all need to show yo self!"
- Canada Warbler- Missed in the mountains of NC
- Red-breasted Grosebeak
- Any Pelagic Birds- wished to have seen a Jaeger from shore, a Hurricane, or more time to go on a Pelagic.
- Willow Flycatcher
- Bachman's Sparrow
- Iceland/Glacous Gull
- Reddish Egret
- The CUSA that never was. It is a hard one to talk about.
- Bufflehead and Red-cockaded -Why did you disappear on my January Big Day in SC?
- I think Black Rails have already gone extinct.